What do you do when everything looks and feels normal on the outside?
You delve deeper, and that’s what “diagnostics” are all about. Whether is it a blood test, tissue sample, or ultrasound Mobile Veterinary Service can provide most diagnostic services for your animal’s needs.
Important Things to Know
- You dog can have heartworms for months or years before showing any clinical signs
- It is impossible to know for sure what a lump or bump is without examining the cells that make it up
- Coggins test are to see if your horse is infected with the Equine Infectious Anemia (EIA) virus
- Using ultrasound, we can tell if your mare is pregnant within 16 days of breeding
Get the Care You Deserve
Mobile Veterinary Service provides state of the art diagnostic options. Our digital radiography and ultrasound provide real-time and accurate diagnosis on the spot. When blood tests are required results can be obtained same day if necessary, with many tests performed on site.
Below is a list of commonly used diagnostic procedures and examples of why we use them:
- Blood chemistry – examine organ function, diabetes, thyroid, etc.
- Complete blood counts (CBC) – evaluate anemia, response to diseases, clotting ability, etc.
- Ultrasound – pregnancy diagnosis, age of fetus, tendon lesions (horses), etc.
- Urinalysis – urinary tract infections, kidney problems, toxins, etc.
- Heartworm tests – heartworm disease
- Serolgocial/PCR testing – disease surveillance, disease diagnosis, vaccine response, etc.
- Coggins/ EIA test – confirm or deny for regulatory control and travel in horses
- Many more…………
Sometimes there are specialized diagnostics that you animal might require such as MRI or CT exam. When these needs arise the first step is to know that they are necessary. Mobile Veterinary Service’s doctors are trained to understand when these advanced diagnostic means are necessary to give the answers needed to make the right decision for your animal, and we have the networks in place to get you to a facility that can provide this level of care for you.
Give us a call so that we can provide you with the diagnostic care you need.